Experienced Florida Attorney Handles a Wide Range of Immigration Matters

Knowledgeable Tampa lawyer provides reliable guidance to assist immigrants

There are many challenges for individuals hoping to live or work legally in the United States, but the help of a knowledgeable attorney can help you navigate them. At Befeler Law Firm, P.A. in Tampa, we have helped numerous clients achieve citizenship, obtain green cards and bring family members to this country on a permanent basis. Whatever immigration challenge you face, you can rely on our personal commitment to providing skillful representation.

Legal advocate helps people with obtaining permanent residence and family-based immigration matters

Obtaining a green card allows non-U.S. citizens to become lawful permanent residents of this country. U.S. citizens and permanent residents may also sponsor family members living in other countries to immigrate to the U.S. Generally, the shortest wait times are available for:

  • Spouses, parents and minor unmarried children of U.S. citizens
  • Married or adult children of U.S. citizens
  • Spouses and unmarried children of permanent residents

Green cards may also be obtained by workers who have highly specialized skills as well as those who are fleeing from persecution and danger in their country.

The wait to obtain a green card is often many months to several years. Having the help of an experienced immigration attorney can ensure petitions for visas, green cards and other travel documents are properly completed and submitted in the interest of securing approval as quickly as possible

Dedicated attorney offers comprehensive assistance during the naturalization process

Immigrants who have become permanent U.S. residents by obtaining a green card can apply to become U.S. citizens by naturalization. The individual must be at least 18 years old and:

  • Have been a continuous U.S. resident for five years (three years for spouses of citizens) after obtaining lawful resident status
  • Provide biographical documentation
  • Pass a criminal background check
  • Demonstrate knowledge of U.S. history and English

A person born outside this country to parents who were either U.S citizens at the time of birth or who became U.S. citizens while that person was a minor may obtain U.S. citizenship. Generally, a request for a Certificate of Citizenship may only be made once, so it is essential that the process is properly followed.

The immigration system is complex, and failure to correctly complete specific forms and provide required documentation can significantly delay obtaining citizenship, permanent residence or approval for family members to come to the United States. Our Firm understands the system and maintain up-to-date knowledge of immigration laws that can help you successfully achieve your goals.

Contact a Florida attorney with a record of success handling a wide range of immigration issues

Whether you need to petition for or renew a green card, sponsor a family member, submit an application for a work visa or obtain U.S. citizenship, you can rely on our years of experience at Befeler Law Firm, P.A. to guide you on all immigration matters. To arrange a consultation, please call our Tampa office at 813-489-1040 or contact us online.